Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Saturday, March 4, 2017

IMMIGRANT: HAY(NA)KU & OTHER POEMS IN A NEW LAND


I'm grateful for William Allegrezza's Locofo Chap Series for publishing my latest chapbook. Its impetus was recent anti-immigrant activities in the country. But it also picked up on my ongoing attempts to disrupt/expand the form of (auto)biography. The front cover presents me as a toddler in black-and-white ensconced (w/ no irony at the time by my Mama) in a colonial frame complete with U.S.-American counterpart. The books are apt as I'm a writer--well, writing well is the best revenge and the back cover shows me reading at the United States Library of Congress. So there's a lot to unpack in my new chap; I hope you check it out.

Scroll down for free .pdf read at http://www.moriapoetry.com/locofo.html



No comments:

Post a Comment